For those of you that enjoy all things sweet but are a little stricter on dietary requirements, we have an amazingly indulgent dairy and gluten free raw berry cheesecake. Totally vegan and totally delicious, perfect for serving after a heavy festive dinner or catching up with friends and family with a good old cup of coffee.
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup dates
Pinch of salt
1.5 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
Juice of 2 lemons
Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 cup mixed berries
- Process dates, salt and pecans till crumbly and able to hold together, press into spring-form tin to form base
- Warm honey and coconut oil till melted and whisk together
- Add honey and oil to remaining ingredients (excluding berries) and process until smooth and creamy
- Pour over half the mixture into cake tin on top of the base, spread evenly and smooth over top with a spoon
- Add berries to remaining mixture and process till smooth
- Pour berry layer on top of vanilla layer in cake tin and leave to set for a few hrs in the refrigerator
- Remove 30 minutes before serving, slice with a warm knife and enjoy!
Recipe via Laura’s Recipes.