You may have caught us singing Qnola’s praises previously - we managed to grab 10 minutes with the quinoa-based granola brand’s founder Danielle Copperman a few months ago. Now Danielle is back, and this time she’s got a summer recipe up her sleeve which incorporates their delicious summer Mixed Berry & Golden Linseed Qnola, ideal for al fresco breakfasts and mid-afternoon slumps. Combined with silky soft mango and fresh coconut, this one’s a surefire holiday hit which we can’t wait to whip up.
Ingredients for two portions:
Flesh from 1 young Thai coconut
1/2 ripe mango, peeled and chopped with flesh removed from stone
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or fresh vanilla seeds
3 tbsp coconut water or nut milk
Pinch of salt
1 large handful soaked cashew nuts
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Place the cashews into a blender along with your milk of choice. Blend on a high speed for 2 minutes.
- With the blender still running, gradually add the coconut oil. Add a little more coconut water or nut milk if the mixture needs help running smoothly.
- Add the mango, coconut, vanilla extract and salt and blend for a further 2-3 minutes, adding more liquid if you think it requires it (this really depends on how thick or runny you’d prefer the finished product).
- Once smooth, pour into a bowl or some Tupperware to store in the fridge.
- Serve with Mixed Berry & Golden Linseed Qnola for an amazing crunchy topping and fresh berries for a summery burst.
All images: Qnola